Saturday, December 17, 2011

HARRY POTTER

I am a major Harry Potter nerd. I love it. If you don't love it, I don't want to hear about, you don't know what you are missing out on and should probably just stop reading, nothing past this point will make any sense.

Did anyone else get completely duped by Snape and didn't realize until the seventh book that he really was on the good side? I was. I thought he was such a scab and didn't deserve the air he breathed and then the seventh book happened and I was like 'Oh, my bad, you are an ok person even if you were really greasy sometimes' (but I LOVE the whole secret love story so so much). Well I just finished rereading the fourth book and realized that there is proof that shows Snape's true character, all the way back then. I just have to share it. I'll set the scene.

After the third task in the Tri-Wizard tournament, Barty Crouch Jr. who is disguised as Mad Eye Moody takes Harry into his office to interrogate him. While questioning Harry, Barty doesn't realize that Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape are coming in, but Harry is aware because of a fun little contraption in Moody's office called a Foe-Glass, which lets you know if there is an enemy approaching. Well, Dumbledore forces the door open and stuns Barty, then

"[Dumbledore] stepped into the office, placed a foot beneath Moody's unconscious body, and kicked him over onto his back, so that his face was visible. Snape followed him, looking into the Foe-Glass, where is own face was still visible, glaring into the room."

WHY THE HECK WOULD SNAPE BE SEEN AS AN ENEMY TO A DEATH EATER IF HE WAS A DEATH EATER HIMSELF?!?

Book Four people. JK Rowling is a brilliant genius.

And whether period drama or fantastical series, I will always love Alan Rickman.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. I plan to read as many of these books over the break as possible! Now I'm gonna look for some redeeming qualities of Snape's starting in number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. genius. LOVE it. harry potter for life.
    over and out.

    ReplyDelete